Tuesday, September 2, 2008
The week ahead
Corporate previously said that Sept. 12 would be the last day of work for employees who opted for the buyout. That is nine business days away. Big questions remain:
* Were there enough buyout takers and dollars saved to avert layoffs at the Dallas Morning News?
* When will staff be informed?
* If there were enough takers, is a reshuffling of newsroom staff still likely?
* What would be the timeline of layoffs and financial terms of the severance package?
* What level of management would control layoff decisions?
* Would layoffs follow the new organizational chart, or would they be handled differently?
* Would Corporate decide to eliminate more jobs than previously indicated?
Posted by email@example.com at 7:35 AM